Sunday, January 11, 2009

CLANNAD The Movie ~ Anime ~ Thoughts and Reflections

November 27th 2008 - 2:13 AM :


Clannad the Movie:


Just finished watching it, replayed and watched many scences many times, I still haven't watched the whole series yet, (was watching it on crunchyroll.com but the net speed at my new place doesn't allow me to even watch youtube videos let alone a whole series), was wondering if I was watching a spolier this way but the movie and series seem totally unrelated though almost all of the cast there, some are not part of this story though, (yes the cute but annoying presnce of Fuuko Ibuki as well not included), it's like a totally different thing altogether but somehow there's a resemblence.


This story revolves around Okazaki Tomoya and Furukawa Nagisa the most, unlike the series the lives of the other chracters isn't much highlighted except for wandering moments, Okazaki and Nagisa met at the start of school under the cherry trees as in the anime series and the same opening song started at the moment they met ("aaaaah, how nostalgic" I thought to myself) "kasaneta te to te no naka ni chiisana mirai ga mietara" I was suprised at how much I actually missed this song and this anime, when I started it, I was merely curious as to how this movie will be, was planning to save it for tomorrow so I can watch it in the afternoon (yes I literally eat up my anime and manga stock that I download from the decent net when I go back home, so fast that I'm out of things to watch or read by the time I go home on the weekeneds), but as soon as it went 3-4 minutes into it I knew I just had to watch it till the end (T~T) "there goes my night's sleep" I thought.


SPOILERS AHEAD


The story moves really fast withought giving one much time to get bored or wander off, you just sit on the edge (edge...edge2o9? oi Emil I'm thinking about you here xD I hope you're pleased) thinking what next? we see Sunohara in a bit different light this time, much more of a considrate person here than in the series, Fubayashi Kyo and Sakagami Tomoyo are like best frineds and always sticking together, Ibuki Sensei and her handsome electrion turned musician finace Yoshino is there too, Nagisa's parents are as affectionate and idiotically adorable as always, and they all make slightly different appearances than the anime making a Dango Daikazoku. Nagisa's working hard on getting the drama club up again, Ibuki sensei is the advisor for the drama club and only Tomoya and Sunohara are in it with Nagisa, Nagisa is doing a solo that consists of her dream that she's been seeing since she was little. Meanwhile Tomoya has been haunted by sad and lonly dreams all his life where he's waiting and looking for someone but doesn't know who and why, when he meets Nagisa that dreams moves ahead a bit telling that someone is waiting for him under a promised tree. So after a lot of things Nagisa is finally up on stage and acting out her dream with Tomoya doing the sounds and Sunohara doing the lights on Ibuki sensei's directions. As she goes on and on describing and acting out her dream Tomoya gets more and more anxious realizing it's just a replica of the dream he's been having all these years... when the play is over he runs to her and confesses to her that he loves her, they get married after she graduates and they have a child, but trying to give birth to that child Nagisa passes away

(HEY WHY ARE YOU STILL READING ! I TOLD YOU THERE ARE SPOILERS DAMMIT!)

due to her weak body condition and Tomoya is in utter despair feeling the real world had turned into the world of nothingness like in his dreams. The story is flashing back and forth between past and present being narretted by Tomoya. However after Nagisa's death, Tomoya has totally ignored the preciouse daughter Nagisa died giving birth to... 5 years have passed, his father who he despises comes one day begging him to not be like him like when he was when Tomoya's mother passed away and he left Tomoya alone with nothing but sad memories togrow up on, and that he's doing the same to his daughter, Tomoya pushes him out and cries alone... next morning Yoshino and Ibuki Sensei come and force Tomoya to go on a trip with them and drag him to their van without letting him utter so much as a complain, everyone else meet them on the way and get on a train and Ibuki sensei declairs they're having a retreat of the Dango Daikazoku, at which Tomoyo flares up and declares it's not that anymore since Nagisa isn't there anymore. They get off at the staition and Yoshino tells everyone to go in different directions and tells Tomoya to go to platform 2, when he goes there he finds... watch the movie and find out yourself ~_^


Final Opinion:


It was absolutely heart warming and touching, I was crying many times during the whole thing... the Clanned anime even though I haven't seen fully had the same effect on me, it was just so sad so touching so beautiful... I highly reccommend it to everyone. 10/10 A Visual Art's Key production work, when I first saw the anime it made me think of Air the anime, later I found out both are Visual Art's Key works...


Those black eyes...

Projecting many futures...

Even more than the glow of stars.

Standing here with a beautiful heart...

The soft light...

Facing me from the far sky

Shines on you

Although it will never reach you...

I will still make a wish here.

At the egde of the stark, white world...

The vocals flowing from far away...

Resounding brillliantly...

Upon my sleeping face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

~Welcome~

For those who came to find a part of themself here, I hope this place will heal you and help you... leave me comments, it'll let me know if I was able to reach out and help even a single person it'll mean a lot...

If you guys like what I'm posting here, let me know by commenting on my posts, leaving a message in my shoutbox, rating my blog and by subscribing to my feedburner feed ^_^ that'll really help and motivate me ~

WARNING FOR ANIME LOVERS, THIS SITE CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS, ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!!

Feeling Lucky? ~_^


Tamahome No Miko ~ Designer ~ Owner ~ Moonlight Shadow Creations & ~:Eien Fushigi Yuugi:~ Webpage