Sunday, December 4, 2016

Sakurako San no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru - Anime Review EP 1 -


 My first Impression upon seeing the name of the series ( A Corpse is Buried Under Sakurako's Feet) was "Ah! finally an anime that looks like it can be a thriller/mystery like Tasogare Otome x Amnesia" and I wasn't disappointed, although, it was for sure a bit different than what I expected. The colours and background art really took me by surprise. I wouldn't call it Makoto Shinkai level, but it's close, very detailed and very beautiful.

We start with Tatewaki Shoutarou, a high school student who is seemingly unaffected by dead animals/bodies, when he finds a body of a dead cat in front of his school, he calmly tries to move it away while the other students are getting creeped out. The reason for him being like this, he states, is because he met
a certain someone. The cat is buried under a Sakura Tree and Shotarou, his friend Imai Haruto, the girl who helped him bury the cat, Kougami Yuriko and his life science teacher, Itsuki Isozaki gather under the tree and talk about the story that "beneath the sakura tree, dead bodies are buried"


Next part, he goes into a beautiful garden to a large house and sees a girl holding a human skull under a Sakura tree


Who he introduces as "The Princess who loves Bones" thus the title of the Episode.

The girl is called Sakurako Kujou, a beautiful and smart woman from a rich family who loves bones of all living creatures to the point that she made it her profession. the girl is an Osteologist.

Shoutarou and Sakurako go to a beach to dig bones up and they come along the skull of a human




Shoutarou comments that human remains are found wherever Sakurako goes.

Sakurako refuses to give up the skull and Shoutarou calls the police *could she get anymore cuter?*

In the end they get in the police car to go to the station to give in the skull to the police, on the way the policeman reveals that this is the third human remain to be found in the area and that apparently there was a double suicide not long ago. Sakurako forces him to stop the car as they pass by the scene and puts out a different theory about the dead bodies that are found there.





I left a lot of things out for the sake of not giving too many spoilers, especially since it's a mystery series. 

My own thoughts on this series are...

1. The beautiful art style. Simply gorgeous, this deserves to be watched in 720p or higher. I simply love how pleasant it to watch this series because of the details and colours used.


Such gorgeous detailing!

2. This reminded me immensely of xxxHolic, the wonderful CLAMP series I'm in love with. What with the butterfly references, to the catch phrases, "saa, nazou wo tokou jyanaika" to Yuuko's "anata no negai, kanaimashou" 



to how much she looks like Yuuko, even the relationship between her and Shoutarou so far, to how she calls Shoutarou 'shounen' exactly in the way Yuuko called Kimihiro Watanuki, "Watanuki". Everything reminds me so much of the series. When I looked up the seiyuu's apparently Sakurako's seiyuu is same as XxxHolic's Himawari.

Closely looking at it, even her hairstyle is very similar to Yuuko's


.
It's like looking at a more nowadays look of Yuuko lol.
I am really looking forward to watching more of this series. It looks really promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

~Welcome~

For those who came to find a part of themself here, I hope this place will heal you and help you... leave me comments, it'll let me know if I was able to reach out and help even a single person it'll mean a lot...

If you guys like what I'm posting here, let me know by commenting on my posts, leaving a message in my shoutbox, rating my blog and by subscribing to my feedburner feed ^_^ that'll really help and motivate me ~

WARNING FOR ANIME LOVERS, THIS SITE CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS, ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!!

Feeling Lucky? ~_^


Tamahome No Miko ~ Designer ~ Owner ~ Moonlight Shadow Creations & ~:Eien Fushigi Yuugi:~ Webpage